Monday, June 19, 2006

cradle cap?

i know my babe has this but i have never really cared. am i supposed to care? or do something about it? today a well meaning person told me that my baby had cradle cap and i should do her remedy cure for it... which included a paste & some oil and really i just didn't think it was an issue... hmmm... yeah i think i'll just leave it for now. not hurting anyone and i'm sure it will eventually disappear? or maybe it should be gone by now and that's why the person brought it to my attention??? hmmm.... OMG or maybe it just looks really really bad or funny or something and i don't notice but THAT is the reason people have been pointing and smirking at my baby in public lately?!?!? yes that must be it. ok gotta go wake my baby so i can get rid of that nasty cradle cap before it wears on her emotionally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good night!

4 comments:

larson-ritzands said...

my son still has it to! you can use baby oil and a soft brush, but i don't really worry about it. seems to come off a little at a time after baths.

do you ever "find" yourself picking at it though??!? (hehe)

JQ said...

Tasha, Jezek had it pretty badly for a couple of months, and I didn't really do anything except put a couple of drops of tea tree oil in it, and it kinda went away on its own.

And yeah, I was an awful picker, too. LOL

Miranda said...

Don't listen to other people!!! I don't think it's such a big deal. Isabelle had it and I never did a thing for it and it went away all on it's own.

The Walshes said...

I'd only worry if its itchy. Cooper had some cradle cap and eczema in the same spot. The homeopath gave him some awesome cream and its all gone. One thing the homeopath did say is that the eczema and the cradle cap show a system a bit more sensitive to allergies. But otherwise I wouldn't worry!