Tuesday, January 30, 2007

i'm having a hard time... help!!!

**this is a post for all of your lurkers to comment on too please!**

i'm having a VERY tough time deciding on which play structure to buy for our backyard. i know this seems trivial but i'm very stressed! i need some input PLEASE...

there are 2 options:

-spend a chunk of money and get the best of the "smaller" series...
-a very kool play structure with lots of options, however it's on a smaller scale and kids will outgrow it by around 8yrs old. the swings aren't as high as the bigger model, the rock wall not as challanging, etc. (this means only about 3 yrs left for hallie)
http://rainbowplay.com/SwingSets/Index.cfm?CatId=4&Id=55

OR...

-spend a bigger chunk of money and get the lower end model of the "bigger" series...
-still a very kool play structure, less options (doesn't come with steering wheel, telescope, etc.), but will be suitable for over 8yrs... up to around 12yrs... swing beam is higher so swinging is still fun for older kids AND little kids... more challanging rock wall and rope climber...
http://rainbowplay.com/SwingSets/Index.cfm?CatId=3&Id=44

help?!?!?!??? best of the smaller series or lower end model of the bigger series?!? i need some input here!

the 2nd option costs more... significantly... but is it worth it to have it last longer? i don't want to spend a chunk of money and then have them outgrow it... i hope that makes sense. these companies who make the units say, "shop as if your child were 9 or 10yrs old now -- they are to grow into, not out of."

help... mom... ? anyone??

the one i want that i know would last longest is too much, but here it is to drool over... i love the slide quality...
http://rainbowplay.com/SwingSets/Index.cfm?CatId=1&Id=1

7 comments:

Cfmommy said...

I would go with the second one. I picture what one my children would play on at their ages of 6 and 10 and I know that they would still play on the 2nd one...okay the 3rd one too...but the 2nd one as well. I would go for that and not for what your kids ages are at now. I mean you have to think about their safety but they won't outgrow the other one for a loooong time. Good investment, totally. I would have gotten one of them in a heartbeat if we had a house when our children were young that we knew that we were going to stay at for a long time...we had a HUGE yard at our first house but hated the house...here we like the house but have a small yard. BUT, its okay because without a PLAY STRUCTURE back there anyhow, they are totally bored and out front riding bikes anyhow :)

2nd one gets my vote :)

Tara

Anonymous said...

The second one. 8 years old comes so fast. Kenzie will be 7 in the summer..

Tidballs said...

I agree. second one, they will still have fun on the second one while they are young and they will grow into it.

larson-ritzands said...

yup, i'd go with the second one!
p.s. we're coming over to play when you get it :)

Cheerios_Addict said...

Wah...none of the links work for me. It says they expired. :(

Deanna said...

I like the second one as well!

Cheerios_Addict said...

Funny...now that I can see them all, I like the first one better. Maybe it's because DS is younger but I'd rather have something smaller and let him go to the big park when he outgrows it. Watch me change my mind in 5 years. :)