Sunday, September 10, 2006

haircut

does anyone else dread going to the hair salon because of the lame small talk? i just wish i could sit there and not be talked to.... i hate small talk. man it just drives me NUTS because i have to answer, yet i know the stylist could care less! here is the conversation from today...

HER - so did you grow up in edmonton?
ME - yes (do you care???)
HER - so have you seen any good movies?
ME - (when? does she mean recently? in the theater? crap now i have to think....) hmmm last night we rented "take the lead"
HER - was it good?
ME - not really. (shoot, i just messed up the question. she asked for GOOD movies) have you seen any good ones?
HER - (starts blabbing on about the break up, telling me all about it. little does she know i've seen it already too.) so you have today off work?
ME - (stunned once again for a second) oh no, i don't work. (again, do you care?!???)
HER - have any plans for the rest of the day?
ME - what day is it? saturday? oh sunday. nope.
HER - you should be going out to show off your new haircut!
ME - um..... no. (thinking how i can afford to go out after this huge haircut???!)

anyway i just really hate small talk. the haircut & color today went sour. i told the color chick what i wanted for color and she basically said NO and told me what she thought and went ahead and did what she wanted anyway, despite me telling her not to. this got me MAD. so i was sitting there, getting more frustrated by the minute.... then onto the haircut dude. once again, i told him what i wanted, even showed a pic i found in a mag while i was waiting, and he said NO. he said he didn't think i would like it, and it wouldn't suit me. (does he KNOW me??!?!?!??) omigod i was REALLY mad now and about to blow my top. there was probably smoke coming out of my ears :( i said, "just do what you want to do then" and he replies, "oh, that's not what i like to hear. i want you to say 'i trust you'... " fine. do what you want.

so i left there fuming mad. after paying $222. i was NOT impressed. i felt like shit. i don't like being told all of my choices are not going to work for me. do they know me???? obviously not. now i have this nice haircut and nice, subtle highlights. how nice. i didn't want NICE. :(

so i called and told the manager and got a full refund. now i feel a bit better but i still feel boring and angry. what a waste of 3 hours :( i'll go again, ELSEWHERE, next time... maybe in 6 months, a year.... that's the thing. i never get my hair done. and as if i'll tuck away the refund for another haircut. hmph. i'm not happy. i'm going to bed.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Tasha. :( I am sorry to hear that you had such an awful experience there! I am glad you at least got a refund, that is too bad they wouldn't give you what you wanted! Um, isn't it YOUR hair?! WEll, I think it is safe to say you won't be going there to get your hair done again. :S

The MIKK Family said...

Good for you for getting your money back, but you'd better go and get your hair done again missy!

Where was it??

I also hate when they overrule you, my last dye job I let myself be pushed into more bland colors and I regret it. It looked nice, but I like BOLD if I pay 200 bucks!

Anonymous said...

That sucks that they did that to you!
I had a bad experience at a salon as well and now only color my hair myself and do my own hilights.

Anonymous said...

He wants you to "trust" him? LOL Considering you've only known him for 20 seconds, I can't see that happening! Don't you love it when YOU are overruled on YOUR hair style? I had that happen to me once and I ended up with the EXACT same hairdo (which I hated) that my coworker had (she recommended the stylist...go figure).

I'm not a fan of the salon small talk either so once I get comfortable going to someone, I don't switch.

I'm glad you got a refund!

Jane said...

Oh what a shame you had such a lousy time after Kipps lovely gift to you!

You should see my stylist...she is just the greatest and we spend the whole time laughing.......she's a Mom so knows how important it is to make a Mom feel special when she's at the salon! And she listens to you!!!!

miss b said...

i hate small talk too, but honestly it gets better when you start going to the same person on a regular basis. my girl is going on mat leave at the end of this month - sucks for me :( i'm glad you got a refund back though.

larson-ritzands said...

that sucks you had such a bad experience!! glad you got a refund at least!

Anonymous said...

That could totally have been me saying that about small talk... I HATE IT TOO! lol And the exact same thing happened to me last time i went to get my hair cut/streaked. I even took my stepdaughter in hopes that they would listen to a "stylish teenager" LOL NOPE! I should have asked for my money back too.....

Sarah said...

Where was it? I want to know too! I need a haircut...but I don't want one LOL

Heather de Rox said...

That's crumby!! Please go get your hair redone! somewhere else!! You have your refund. Do it for yourself. I really think you should, like, right away...unless, of course, by now you have begun to like your hair. Go! GO! GOOOO! Let us know when you do...and I'm talking within a couple of weeks! LOL. No, seriously! (By the way, awesome job with the refund. That's great.)